What are Verified Mark Certificates?
Verified Mark Certificates (VMCs)
allow companies to render their brand logo next to the “sender” field in email clients—visible even before the message is opened. Think of it as the email equivalent of the blue checkmark on Twitter or the verified badge on Instagram.
Put your mark on email marketing!
Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI) is a new standard in pilot that allows companies to display a logo on authenticated emails.
How does it work
Logo-verified email is part of a groundbreaking initiative—in cooperation with Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI) and email client providers— to create a more consistent, authenticated and visually compelling email experience for both businesses and consumers.
Here’s how it works:
- Companies will soon be able to purchase VMCs from ADACOM by Digicert.
- After obtaining a VMC, email clients must be able to validate that you are enforcing Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) standards.
- Provided you have a valid VMC certificate and demonstrate DMARC enforcement, you will then be able to upload one or more logos to display within email clients. If you have multiple logos, you can choose which will render for each communication flow.
Features and Benefits
- Validates your organization and BIMI-compatible logo
- Display your company logo in your recipient’s inbox
- Digicert is an approved CA by Google, Yahoo and other BIMI-compatible email clients
- Issued from ADACOM’s PKI and signed by the most trusted roots on the web
Review your DMARC status.
Check the current status of your domains. To qualify for a VMC, you must have a DMARC record with “p=quarantine” or “p=reject.”
Ensure your logo is properly registered.
Before we can issue a VMC, your logo must be registered with the trademark office so we can validate ownership.
Reach out if you have questions.
Contact our team to learn more about VMCs and how your organization can benefit from DMARC compliance, by filling out the following interest contact form.